The Freedom Formula for Physicians | How Doctors Cut Debt & Slash Taxes | Business Of Medicine | Financial Education
S6, Episode 3 - Jacob Vanderslice on Self Storage Facilities- VanWest Partners
Manage episode 302549571 series 2360913
Good to see be back! I know you are here to learn and to feed your brain something for your growth and I am so proud of you that you keep yourself improving.
Today, I want to give you an idea about a man who was once a firefighter but now a successful real estate investor.
He is the Principal at VanWest Partners, a Denver-based real estate investment firm focusing on the acquisition and management of self-storage centers and other opportunistic real estates throughout the United States.
I can't wait for you to learn more from him!
Let me introduce to you, Mr. Jacob Vanderslice. Welcome to the show, Jacob!
In this podcast, you will...
- Learn about Storage Facilities, and Prons and Cons of the asset class
- Discover the journey of Jacob Vanderslice from being a firefighter to Principal, Real state, and Finance
- How did Jacob learn real state? Was it hard for him?
- How did he start from it? Listen to his stories during one of his tough years and how he goes through it
- Jacob shares lessons and advice on how to survive during hard times
- What was Jacob’s zero-down kind of thing that happened to him?
- Learn about low-interest-rate environments
- Do Tenants live in Storage Facility?
- Discover the Positive and Negative side of having Storage Facility Business
- Jacobs explained about cap rates
- How Covid impacted his business
- What are the pros and cons of being a passive investor VS. an Active investor owner?
- Learn Jacob’s advice to people who want to start a self-storage business
- Discover the budget range on buying a square foot building
- Learn the Inflation rate in the Real state / Cash flow in the Real state
- Understand more about investing in real state
- Are the use of leverage fixed or variable?
- What is the potential danger of interest rate?
- How to avoid bad operator and how to spot a good one
Resources Mentioned In This Podcast
For all the show notes, and more, check out the podcast website at www.doctorfreedompodcast.com