Manage episode 315493120 series 3113622
You have never heard a discussion on rest, productivity and reimagining work quite like this one. This interview will probably blow your mind !! Max Frenzel and John Fitch are the authors of “Time Off: a practical guide to building your rest ethic and finding success without the stress”. In their book and in this interview series (this is part 1 of 2) they discuss how critical it is for us to prioritize rest. Bookmark the episode, and share it with a friend because this is one you’ll definitely have on repeat.
- 06:45 - Simple ways to take time off
- 11:10 - The importance of rest ethic
- 14:16 - What is time off
- 14:30 - What exactly is rest ethic
- 15:45 - What percentage of the creative process is active work
- 17:46 - How is overwork stifling us (an alternative view of artificial intelligence and the future of work)
- 19:14 - How rest can make you a better leader
- 20:15 - How our relationship to work has changed
- 23:05 - Rethinking work and productivity
- 25:10 - Why are we addicted to overwork
- 27:35 - Factory work vs Knowledge work
- 28:27 - How is hard work different from work ethic (and a word on “distraction economy”)
For context this episode was recorded during the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020.
p.s.: John's doggie came by for a little visit (so you'll hear a little doggie whining)