Accelerated Y Combinator Startup explains why the Future of Recruiting is in Automation | Andrew Gardner | +81
Manage episode 282577001 series 2662769
Andrew Gardner is the Co-Founder & COO of Humanly. Humanly automates job candidate screening for companies with high applicant volume. Candidates access Humanly on companies’ career pages, job boards and social media. Candidates then answer a set of screening questions to determine their role-fit, qualification, and the predicted impact they’ll make in the role through a dynamic, mobile-friendly conversation with Humanly. Humanly is an accelerated Y Combinator startup that went through their Startup School in January-March of 2020.
Andrew Gardner has 10 years of sales and management experience with early tech start ups with some of his past ventures include Tiny Pulse, SkySlope, & Oakland Roots Sports Club.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 02:02 - Who is Andrew Gardner?
- 04:04 - Entrepreneurial Mindset
- 09:20 - Early Day Hurdles
- 13:29 - Downsides of Traditional Employee Screening
- 17:19 - Humanly Product-Market Fit
- 19:22 - Workflow Process
- 22:25 - Post-Hire Data
- 28:46 - Is Zoom the Future of the Hiring Process?
- 31:24 - Scaling Humanly
- 32:46 - Applicant Process
- 34:43 - Optimizing Nuanced Inflection Points
- 41:20 - How the Humanly Team Problem Solves
- 43:18 - Y Combinator Network
- 47:17 - The Tech Industry
- 51:04 - Why Humanly is a Perfect Fit for Las Vegas