Manage episode 284557911 series 2812849
Traveling the world as a digital nomad is more than just jet setting to a destination and working beachside on your business, coconut water in hand. While that can definitely be a part of your digital nomad lifestyle, you still need to make sure your taxes are properly set up so you can check all the legal boxes for your business and have peace of mind as you travel full-time.
In this episode, I am talking to Kathy McPaul, full-time traveler and international tax Queen (aka lawyer) who specializes in working with digital nomads and entrepreneurs to help them navigate the tax laws so they can travel the world worry-free. Kathy is sharing her super insightful advice on international tax residency, setting up your business corporation, the four tax-based systems that countries use, and why your taxes are uniquely specific to your own digitally nomadic lifestyle.
In this episode, we cover…
- Understanding tax residency and what it means for your taxes
- How your international movements fit within national laws
- The four pillars to global wealth
- Why Panama and Thailand are the go-to tax residencies for digital nomads
- The two biggest tax mistakes digital nomads make
”It’s such a needed topic that not many people know about and not many people want to learn about and that's where my passion comes in. I want to make it fun and light and easy for people to understand because I feel like the more financial education one has, the more freedom you have. Because you can literally focus more on your business and have more peace of mind.” - Kathy McPaul
Connect with Kathy:
Don’t forget you can get 10% off Design Your International Tax Strategy & Corporate Structure Course!! Use code: 10off
Thanks for listening, and if you like what you've heard, feel free to share this episode with your friends! There are so many amazing women waiting to discover the Laptop Lifestyle, and I'd love you to help me spread the word.
Don't forget to screenshot this episode and share it on your Insta stories to win a free coaching call with me!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Come hang out with me on Instagram or in the Laptop Lifestyle Entrepreneur Facebook Community!
- Head over to AmandaKolbye.com for more business tips and resources for the traveling entrepreneurs.
- Subscribe and Listen to The Laptop Lifestyle Podcast
- Review the Laptop Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- Get on the waitlist for my Laptop Lifestyle Bootcamp!