Manage episode 294894166 series 2824326
We talk often of pivots in the start-up world but I have yet to speak to someone that truly pivoted - often I would argue it's a deviation. Today I was lucky enough to sit down with Meeri Rebane, Co-CEO of Inzmo, an insurance provider born out of a motorbike tracking business.
In the ultimate example of listening to customer feedback, Meeri told me how the business was born from the feedback they got from their original business model - tracking stolen bikes.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to spot a gap in the market - listen to your customers
- The benefits of being an outsider - no pre-loaded restrictive attitude
- The importance of luck How supportive insurance companies can be?
- Time to build new products in Insurance can kill a new start-up! You need a plan!
- How owning the customer experience is key to success
- Benefits of the MGA model in product design and testing product
- Why Inzmo moved to Berlin - talent. market size and investability (if that's a word?)
- Why go B2B2C?
- Talent challenges of Berlin - how to attract talent to a start-up?
- Gamification of Insurance - can we make insurance as fun as other financial services?
- Why can't we make money in certain lines of business - we need to challenge the status quo!
- Marketing and advertising in personal lines - how to surpass that
- The importance of strong partnerships and maintaining relationships
- How to spot applicable trends in Insurance in a pandemic world
Thank you Meeri for being a great guest
This podcast was brought to you by FinPro an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Instech space
Our host is FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast