Manage episode 332212477 series 3003279
If you are dating, you NEED to keep an eye out for these relationship red flags. They can save you a lot of precious time, energy, money, and most importantly - HEARTACHE. You deserve to be with someone who is worthy of these parts of you - and who treats you well. Learn from my (many, many) dating mistakes and stop ignoring these relationship red flags.
Content warning: Discussion of abuse in romantic relationships
We will discuss:
- Exceptions to the rules in dating and relationships
- What are relationship red flags?
- How to identify dating red flags
- Important safety tips for the first date, dating, and relationships
- How to spot controlling partners
- When your partner is trying to change you
- How not to lose yourself in relationships
- Early signs of abuse
- Abuse red flags
- Different types of abuse
- What to do when you can't trust your partner
- Jealous and possessive partners
- How to tell if they are actually over their ex
- How to spot gaslighting in a relationship
- When your partner doesn't get along with your friends or family (or when your friends and family don't like your partner)
- Name-calling in arguments
- Finding out if you are compatible on a date
- Dating emotionally unavailable men
- Dating men with a fear of commitment
- What is "love bombing"?
- How to tell if you are being love-bombed
- When your date or partner doesn't respect your boundaries
- Healthy boundaries in relationships
- When you feel like you are "too much" or not good enough for someone
- Unsupportive partners
- Relationship and dating deal-breakers
- Dating advice and first date tips
- Plus more red flags to watch out for while dating!
Episodes and Articles Mentioned:
If you believe you might be in an abusive relationship, I urge you to contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline. You can call 1-800-799-SAFE or (7233) or text START to 88788
And if any of this is triggering to you, go check out my episode on How to Deal with Triggers.
Special credit to Purple Planet Music for the background track, https://www.purple-planet.com