Manage episode 303890202 series 2220795
Because of the hustle and bustle salespeople experience each day, it can be challenging to be our most focused and productive selves. So what steps can we take to be more productive throughout the day? Today, Donald is joined by Janice B. Gordon to learn her tips for staying focused and energized throughout the day.
Always listen to your body:
- Janice does yoga and meditation, which she’s been doing for nearly forty years.
- .If you enjoy what you do, that makes all the difference.
- She chooses to focus on energy management because many people, especially after the pandemic, feel low energy and motivation.
- People think pulling a 10, 12 or 15 hour day is productive. But you are far less effective pulling these days than focusing your time and energy for shorter lengths of time.
Symptoms arise if you don’t address your personal energy needs.
- You just feel negative. And instead of having a bad moment, you turn that moment into a bad day.
- When you feel you’re having a bad day, you are less productive and less likely to make the most of the time you have available.
The four dimensions of energy:
- Physical energy - All the nutrients going into your body. Exercise and recovery time can bring up your physical energy.
- Emotional energy is the interconnectedness between people and is the energy that suffered because of the pandemic. There is less interaction with others, be it in the office, at a restaurant, or even around the neighborhood.
- Mental energy is associated with thinking and problem-solving. As sales professionals, we use this form of energy all the time. For this energy type, practicing drastically helps cultivate this energy. However, ensure you take mental breaks.
- Spiritual energy - This is your purpose and mission. Spiritual energy influences your character, your personality, and your choices. This is the overarching concept that connects your different energies.
If your spiritual energy is low, your motivation will suffer.
- To solve this, take a mindful walk. Notice and observe what’s around you and empty your brain. Then, when you go back to the office, you’ll be incredibly focused and productive.
- Listen to your body and give it what it needs.
- Always have water at your desk, and drink it constantly.
Join Donald’s Facebook group, The Sales Evangelizers, to find a community of people to share, reflect, and grow with on your sales journey.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.