Manage episode 319529619 series 3312294
For this special collaborative episode recorded via Zoom on May 6, 2020, we partnered with the Democracy Works podcast to explore the dynamic and sometimes tense relationship between peer-reviewed scientific research and public policy decision-making. And we discuss how these tensions have been brought to the forefront by the coronavirus pandemic.
Our discussion focuses on the work of our guest Taylor Scott, Associate Director of the Research-to-Policy Collaboration at Penn State and Primary Investigator on a Huck-funded research project titled "Rapid Translation of Research into Coronavirus Policy Response." We are also joined by Michael Berkman, Director of The McCourtney Institute for Democracy, and Jenna Spinelle, host of the Democracy Works podcast.
- Rapid Translation of Research into Coronavirus Policy Response
- Research-to-Policy Collaboration
- Child Maltreatment Solutions Network
- Democracy Works Episode ft. Frances E. Lee: Does Congress Promote Partisan Gridlock?
- Taylor Scott – Associate Director, Research-to-Policy Collaboration; Research Assistant Professor, Edna Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center
- Michael Berkman – Director, McCourtney Institute for Democracy and Professor of Political Science
- Jenna Spinelle – Communications Specialist, McCourtney Institute for Democracy; Host, Democracy Works Podcast