201. From Sales to Fundraising: Lessons Learned After Knocking on Nearly 100,000 Doors - Jake Savage
Manage episode 308272161 series 2843954
Meet Jake. Every wondered what possesses someone to run 50 miles? For Jake - it's about passion. After learning about the plight of women and children who are trafficked around the world, he redirected his career in persuasive sales firmly toward helping the nonprofit sector. Join this convo with someone who's knocked on nearly 100,000 doors and is leveraging those corporate sales methods for good.
- Jake’s story and journey to where he is today (2:20)
- Knocking on nearly 100,000 doors in his sales background (6:13)
- A powerful story that connected Jake to the philanthropy world (8:00)
- The story of running 50 miles to spread awareness and raise funds to fight human trafficking (12:00)
- The intersection of sales and fundraising to help you raise more money (16:45)
- Barriers to fundraising that Jake has seen (22:00)
- A powerful moment of philanthropy in Jake’s life (26:00)
- Jake’s One Good Thing: You don't rise to the level of your goals, you fall to the levels of your systems. (29:00)
For more information and episode details visit: www.weareforgood.com/episode/201
Get to Know Our Amazing Sponsor, Neon One
Neon One provides software solutions to growing nonprofits, but they do so much more than that. They’re also incredibly passionate about creating community in the social good sector.
We believe in the power of community. We’ve seen the greatest philanthropic movements happen when people work together to achieve common goals. Neon One can help you do just that.
They created Year End Giving Connections, a community that brings fundraisers together and empowers them to learn from each other’s experiences. Neon One experts will also provide helpful advice on meeting your fundraising goals this season. With weekly checklists and an active Slack community, there’s no better way to prepare for your year-end success.
Want to be a more connected fundraiser? Join their community today at http://neonone.com/weareforgood
About the Podcast
The We Are For Good Podcast is co-hosted by Jonathan McCoy, CFRE and Becky Endicott, CFRE and welcomes the most dynamic nonprofit leaders, advocates and philanthropists to share innovative ideas and lessons learned 3x a week!
Want to hear insider details and to get our best roundup of tips, freebies, resources and show notes from each episode? Join the Good Community - it's free! Visit www.weareforgood.com/hello
Our friends at Cosmic are true thought partners who can help you nail your impact story, build brand awareness, mobilize your community, and turn digital advocacy into real world actions. Kick off 2022 right by talking to them about how to create a roadmap for the next chapter of your organization. You can find them at: designbycosmic.com 🎉
We Are For Good PRO is reimagining nonprofit professional development - for good. ✨
Join us and get started at weareforgoodpro.com.