Manage episode 335712318 series 2830570
In a week where:
- Ukraine & Russia agree on grain deal to avert a global food crisis... Only for Russia to bomb one of the ports.
- WHO declare Monkeypox a public health emergency of international concern.
- Marvel announce new slate of works, including two Avengers films in 2025.
- David Trimble, Northern Ireland's 1st First Minister & architect of the Good Friday Agreement, dies aged 77.
- The UK will host 2023 Eurovision.
In Sports: (11:05) It's been 10 years since the 2012 London Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony; masterminded by director Danny Boyle, it was a great love letter to everything notable about Britain. But in the current climate, the ceremony seems decades ago.
In Politics: (32:49) The Tory leadership continues to take the media's attention; so let's talk about something drastically more interesting, The Forde Report which shined a light on Labour's Corbyn years.
In Music: (46:40) With the likes of Tim Westwood finally having decades of disgraceful acts coming back at him, it seems that the music industry has yet to evolve. Gal-dem & VICE team up to help amplify the voices of those that have been chewed up & spit out by the industry.
Lastly, in Society: (59:43) It's becoming more and more obvious that cars are a long-term ill for society and our dependence on them need to be curbed. Enter the anti-car movement, a set of online creators & communities that are gaining traction (pun intended) in their quest to kill car dependency.
Thank you for listening! If you want to contribute to the show, whether it be sending me questions or voicing your opinion in any way, peep the contact links below and I'll respond accordingly. Let me know "What's Good?"