Manage episode 346032939 series 2830570
In a week where:
- Elon Musk completes Twitter takeover.
- Saifullah Paracha, the oldest prisoner of Guantanamo is released after 17 years.
- Over 150 people die after a stampede in South Korea.
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has been elected President of Brazil.
- Migos rapper Takeoff dies aged 28.
In Education: (6:07) Why - in 2022 - are we still talking about Afro hairstyles in schools? And why are watchdogs having to state the obvious?
In Film/TV: (14:10) With the pandemic speeding up the process, its pretty clear that TV is superior to film. They got the money, they're getting the views and everyone has a device to view it all. So what's stopping TV?
In Music: (30:27) There's a type of music that's taking over the music industry - you may be like me and have never listened to it - but apparently white noise is the force that's putting musicians in a bottleneck.
Lastly, in Society: (48:31) It has been more than six weeks since Iran plummeted into public outrage. And even in this short time - it's giving "Arab Spring" vibes - insofar as, it's doomed to fizzle out.
Thank you for listening! If you want to contribute to the show, whether it be sending me questions or voicing your opinion in any way, peep the contact links below and I'll respond accordingly. Let me know "What's Good?"