Manage episode 297975729 series 2855655
One thing about Unlimited Potential is that you have to commit to being ok with change. You must be open to learning a new way of doing things and the best way to grow is to know where you start. Personality tests are a great tool to know exactly where you are in your journey.
They show you the box; all you have to do is break free.
Welcome back to the Unlimited Potential Show. In today's episode, we deep dive into The Big 5 personality test and how it can give you some amazing insight into how you think and work as a human being. We go over the main five categories of the test and their subcategories, and how they define where you are in a crowd of 100 people. We discuss attributes like agreeableness, conscientiousness, and even neuroticism. There are many outlier effects on people's personalities; stress, excitement, frustration, to name a few, are all things that change how you view yourself and the world around you. Knowing yourself can drastically help how you interact with others at work or home.
Listen in as we find out more about ourselves and how we use personality tests not to tell us who we are, but so we have a measurable place to start. You'll learn the balance of negative and positive traits and how you can use them to grow in your Unlimited Potential no matter what. Join us as we talk about our results, how we've improved since college, where we want to be, and how we plan to get there. There is no bad outcome to a personality test, only information that you can capitalize on and grow past.
We hope this episode gives you a look into how you can use these tools to enrich and upgrade your life!
To try the Big 5 Personality Test, or join our private Facebook group, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Putting our alter egos to the test
- The 5 categories that make up people’s personalities
- Walkthrough of our own Big 5 results
- Breaking down conscientiousness
- What your level of industriousness says about you
- Developing yourself outside of the box
- Gaining a different perspective with your personality results
- Taking away the negative connotation of traits
- Understanding the double edged sword of strengths and weaknesses
- The opportunity to improve and upgrade your life
- Why you should try the big 5 personality test
- And much more!
- The Big 5 Personality Test
Private Facebook Community:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:39 - Implementing the alter ego
- 8:42 - What we talk about today
- 12:03 - The Big 5 personality test
- 16:51 - The attributes of agreeableness
- 21:29 - What is conscientiousness
- 25:34 - The difference between industriousness and type A people
- 28:28 - Two things that makeup extroversion
- 34:05 - What assertiveness looks like
- 39:11 - Openness to experience
- 45:01 - How your job may not suit your personality
- 49:51 - The difference between high and low openness
- 53:41 - Understanding the use of personality tests
- 58:10 - How personality can help in the workplace
- 1:03:10 - Using the big 5 to author your life