Manage episode 343052172 series 2635757
This week on Babel, Jon speaks with Sami Atallah, the founding director of The Policy Initiative in Beirut. They talk about Lebanon's three year old financial crisis, its struggle with political accountability, and where change might come from. Then, Jon continues the conversation with Will Todman and Caleb Harper about how donors and the international community are thinking about Lebanon.
- Sami Atallah et al., “When elections don’t matter? How new parliamentarians can improve the politics of power-sharing arrangements,” Middle East Institute, July 19, 2022.
- Sami Atallah, “Lebanon’s Parliamentary Elections: How Did the Opposition Win?” Jadaliyya, May 24, 2022.
- Will Todman and Caleb Harper, "Lebanon's Growing Humanitarian Crisis," CSIS, December 16, 2021.
- Will Todman, "Lebanon's New Government," CSIS, September 10, 2021.
- Transcript, "Lebanon's Freefall," CSIS, October 4, 2022.