Manage episode 329405094 series 2798122
There is a belief that dogs are the ones in need of behavioral training. The truth is, it is for them just as much as it is for us. And this is fundamental.
Terah Gisolo joins us today to talk about how training really works, by sharing with us her two decades of experience in animal welfare doing everything from fostering and networking, to shelter work and building and running her own rescue in California, Texas, and New York.
Terah is the Founder and Executive Director of Real Good Rescue, a 501(c)3 nonprofit all about the dogs, dedicated to educating and providing awareness to end the abuse of dogs; to ensure all dogs live in a loving home rather than in a shelter or on the streets.
- The beginnings of Real Good Rescue
- Fostering and its true purpose
- Training and boarding
- Real Good’s process for adopting out
- The importance of trial periods
- How to choose the right trainer and the importance of knowing the dog
- Behavioral changes and the need for time to decompress
- And other topics…
CUDDLY Blog: https://bit.ly/3vnOGDw
Want to connect with us? Follow us on social media!
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org