Manage episode 266313356 series 2738285
A general chat around risk management for those involved in making video games. This is an introduction to the topic and is aimed at game producers.
Topics covered include:
- Why should you take risks and issues more seriously when making a game?
- What does risk management in the gaming world look like?
- What are risks and issues anyway?
- Why Risk and Issue logs are so useful
- How to tie in to Leadership meetings to really make this all useful
- Complexity of game making affecting risks/issues
- Example of how plans change, dependencies arise, etc and how your log can track this and assist in planning
- Producer accountability
- Continuous improvement of you and your team(s)
- Conversations, collaboration and transparency that arise for a positive approach to risk management
- Following through and taking action: how this leads to gaining trust, faith and momentum
Part 2 goes into more detail on actual risk and issue examples.
Part 3 is a walkthrough of generating a Risk and Issue Log that you can download and use/abuse at your leisure.
I mentioned some other articles on risk management for gaming. Here they are:
For more articles and interviews with producers and others in the games industry, check out:
Our Vision is to enable games industry professionals to plan better, lead better and stop the crunch culture, through building a community of support, knowledge and training.
Please visit the website, which exists as a place to gather and chat, swap ideas and learn from each other, accumulate expertise and even accreditation. We are gradually building a library of podcasts, videos, training, articles and guides. Please join us.