Manage episode 360483683 series 2137790
How accelerating bank deposit withdrawals could harm the economy, including real estate prices. How dollars slosh around the financial system but always seem to end up at the Federal Reserve.
Topics covered include:
- How many deposits have left banks since the Silicon Valley Bank collapse
- How much have banks borrowed from the Federal Reserve to meet deposit withdrawals
- Why exiting deposits are harming bank profits and causing them to make fewer loans
- How the credit crunch could hurt commercial real estate values
- How money market mutual funds differ from banks
- How today's banking crisis is similar to the 1980s savings and loans crisis
- What should investors do to protect their wealth
For more information on this episode click here.
Use code MONEY10 to get 10% off on your NAPA Autoparts online order.
Insiders Guide Email Newsletter