Manage episode 373610325 series 2607333
Shownotes - Episode 213
Announced and Upcoming Games
* Freedom Games announces "One Lonely Outpost," self-published for the Nintendo Switch. A space farming sim. No date yet.
* YUKE'S loosely announces "Earth Defense Force: World Brothers 2," published by D3PUBLISHER for the Nintendo Switch. Set in a parallel world where Earth is made up of "digital blocks," the enemy threat "Gaiark" emerges from inside the planet. No date yet.
* Ratata Arts announces "Ratatan" for the Nintendo Switch on Kickstarter. The rhythm game has raised £602,346 of a £110,674 goal, with 26 days left. The Kickstarter has a delivery date of April 2025.
* PIRANHA BYTES announces "Gothic Classic" for the Nintendo Switch, published by THQ Nordic. A fantasy ARPG with over 50 hours of gameplay. Coming out on the 28th of September 2023.
* Retroware announces "Prison City," self-published for the Nintendo Switch. A 2D platformer. Coming out in 2023.
* Arc System Works announces "Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]," published by PQube. A 2D anime fighting game. Coming out in 2024.
* After the developer of Metroid Dread, MercurySteam, caught flak for poor working conditions in 2021, MercurySteam co-founder Enric Álvarez has now come out to discuss the development: "I don't think the development was chaotic. A chaotic development does not end with one of the best games in the franchise. It doesn't end with a game that has sold more than three million copies. It doesn't end with a game that has won TGA awards. That's all I have to say about it."
* The "Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope" DLC 3, titled "Rayman in the Phantom Show," gets a reveal trailer and a release date of the 30th of August 2023.
Nintendo Financial results Q1 FY24
* The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has sold 18.51 million units, making it the 9th best-selling Switch game and bumping Ring Fit Adventure off the list.
* The Nintendo Switch has sold 129.53 million units.
* In the last quarter, Nintendo sold 0.64 million standard Switch consoles, 2.83 million Switch OLED consoles, and 0.43 million Switch Lite consoles.
* Front Mission 2: Remake receives a new gameplay trailer.
* Gori: Cuddly Carnage gets a new gameplay trailer.
* Bomb Rush Cyberfunk receives a new "special trailer" and a release date of August 18, 2023.
* EA Sports FC 24 gets a new trailer showcasing the player career mode and manager career mode.
* Quantum: Recharged gets a release date of August 17, 2023, and a price of £8.09.
* The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DLC is coming to Minecraft.
* Fatal Fury: City Of The Wolves gets new trailers.
* The newest season of Disney SpeedStorm is called Ohana, and it is based around Lilo & Stitch. It adds 5 Lilo & Stitch-inspired racers, a new island environment, and racers Minnie Mouse & Daisy Duck will join the game mid-season.
* Mortal Kombat Chief Creative Officer Ed Boon has shared that the campaign of Mortal Kombat 1 will be a similar length as Mortal Kombat X and Mortal Kombat 11.
* The Last of Us clone The Last Hope - Dead Zone Survival gets taken down from the eShop after the game's trailer received a copyright strike from Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.
* Pokémon is advertising Pokémon Scarlet & Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 2 on the social media site X, despite us not even having a date for part 1.
* Pokémon announces Pokémon Presents August 2023, a 35-minute presentation featuring 35 minutes of news on Tuesday, August 8, 2023, at 2 pm BST.
* According to VGC, the next generation Nintendo hardware is now in development with "key partner studios." Sources claim that the new console will feature an LCD screen, physical software, and backwards compatibility. Industry consultant Dr. Serkan Toto told VGC, "I would generall