Build a company that people root for with Andrew Gazdecki
Manage episode 292835601 series 2176586
We're back with a new season of SaaS Open Mic. To kick things off, I talk to Andrew Gazdecki (@agazdecki), former CEO of Bizness Apps & Altcoin (both acquired).
His most recent venture is MicroAquire, a marketplace designed to help startups get acquired. Andrew shares his goal to make a thousand millionaires by helping entrepreneurs exit.
“The genesis of the idea was, I looked at the market, I saw a lot of options for startups looking to sell.”
Tune in for advice about building, selling, and still loving your SaaS businesses.
Also, Andrew pushes a competition with the Hustle to give away a SaaS business up to $25,000.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- How Andrew got the idea to start MicroAcquire
- Why you shouldn't go all in on starting a company until it starts to work
- Who acquires startups and how that's changed
- What is due diligence, how to value a SaaS company, how to negotiate a LOI
- Strategies to attract buyers
- The 3 stages of SaaS: invention, go-to-market models, and building your brand
- Understanding and storytelling with SaaS metrics (Net Cash Flow, Churn, CAC, LTV)
Links and Resources:
- Win a SaaS Business Valued At Up To $25k From MicroAcquire
- How to Prepare Your Startup for Acquisition - blog post by Andrew
- It's F***ing ChartMogul - blog post about viral marketing
Listen to the episode
As always, you can find this episode — along with all previous episodes — in your podcast player of choice. Just search for “SaaS Open Mic”. If you enjoy it, please take a moment to leave us a review, it’d really help us reach a wider audience. Thank you!