Turning Staff “Evaluations” into Mentoring & Developmental Support - with Dr. Daniel Shore and Sara Silverberg - The Day Camp Podcast #84
Manage episode 355937184 series 2469771
Find full show notes and links at: https://gocamp.pro/day-camp-pod/mentoring-and-developmental-support
Investing in your staff is investing in success! Our friends from e21 are here to tell us more.
I don’t know about you, but when it comes time for my middle management to sit down with the front line staff for formal evaluations, I get very nervous about what’s about to happen. Expectations run rampant. Educators who have been evaluated for years by their supervisors all of a sudden fall prey to being too nice, or too harsh.
And at the same time, staff feel that they are superstars, when that’s often not the case. And when it’s over - is there a plan, or just hard feelings?
Today, we’re going to talk with Dr. Daniel Shore and Sara Silverberg from e21 to talk about the ins and outs of this important aspect of the staff experience, and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised where it ends up - THIS, is the Day Camp Pod!
Join us as we discuss:
- Developmental Check-ins
- What effective support looks like
- “Trust comes from Truth” - Dr. Daniel Shore
- e21.org - check it out!!
- Andy Pritikin, Owner/Director - Liberty Lake Day Camp
- Sam Thompson, Recreation Supervisor - Crystal Lake Park District
- Tiffany Yvonne, Executive Director - Purposeful Play
With special guests from e21.org
- Dr. Daniel Shore, Workplace Researcher, Trainer, Consultant, & Entrepreneur
- Sarah Silverberg, People and program development
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors who help make this Go Camp Pro podcast possible:
- AMSkier - https://amskier.com/
- Commercial Recreation Specialists (CRS) - https://crs4rec.com/
- CRS - Corcls, Kayaks & Boats
Please review and subscribe!
If you’ve gotten even one good thing from the Day Camp Pod, we would be so grateful if you left us a review and subscribed to this show in your favourite Podcast app.
It’s so easy!
Just click here: https://ratethispodcast.com/dcp
Thanks, Camp Pro!