Manage episode 185383855 series 1280457
Hello and welcome to another special and encouraging episode of Solo Parent Life. Today, my very informative guest is Melissa DaSilva, an LGTBQ+ community activist, and therapist. Melissa’s mission is to support parents and children as they navigate LGBTQ+ issues, and educate the public in the middle of a rapidly changing world. We know more about gender identity and sexuality than we ever have before. So how can we as single parents educate our children and teach them to respect everyone regardless of gender and sexual orientation?
I am thankful that Melissa took the time to educate me in my limited experience with the LGTBQ+ community, and I know that each one of you will take away something encouraging and inspiring from our talk. As parents, we have the exciting privilege of teaching our children respect and love. Let’s let that love grow today!
Also in this episode:
- Learning the letters of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Navigating gender issues early in life.
- Kids accept transition better than we think!
- Melissa’s best advice for parents seeking to teach about LGBTQ+ issues.
- How do we have good conversations about sexuality?
- Talk through the difference between what you know in the mind and the heart.
- Join in with a local group like P Flag!
Pride Connections Podcast: https://prideconnections.com/podcast/
Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @PrideConnections