Manage episode 330875121 series 3009142
Ashley Gutermuth is a stand-up comedian and actor who gives excellent advice to military spouses on the internet. Ashley is a fellow spouse. She is also the winner of the Tonight Show's Seinfeld challenge, which is, we think, just super cool. She does such a great job of offering hilarious advice for military spouses and helps you remember to take it all in stride.
Do you embrace the craziness of life through comedy? Don't miss this episode as we chat with Ashley Gutermuth about how she uses many online platforms to encourage, educate and influence through humor. Ashley shares her insight about embracing the lifestyle of being a milspouse and setting boundaries, and combatting negative feedback.
If you have ever felt like you need to laugh at the chaos of being a milspouse, this episode is for you. I can't wait to hear what you think!
"You have to be upfront about everything. Being upfront about it and addressing it is how you move forward. Hiding it and pretending like things don't exist doesn't get us anywhere." - Ashley Gutermuth.
Highlights from this episode include:
- Introducing Ashley G (0:21)
- Connecting with Ashley (1:27)
- Creating good, fun comedy (2:53)
- Embracing the lifestyle of being a milspouse (6:27)
- Combatting comments online (12:30)
- Respecting privacy while still creating content (18:30)
- Keeping content with Public Affairs (23:44)
- Influencing through humor (28:06)
- Avoiding being a hoarder and the wardrobe inventory (31:16)
- Ashley's boundaries in her comedy (36:15)
- Ashley's advice to other milspouses (40:09)
- The significance of being a milspouse (44:31)
- The reservist lifestyle (47:49)
- Using the platforms of today to serve (51:14)
Before you slide over to binge-watch Ashley's content, I would love to know if you loved this episode and if Ashley's insight has helped you find community in those who can find humor in the day-to-day of being a milspouse! Join me on social!
Connect with Ashley
Connect with Jen & Kirst
Connect with Elizabeth
Thanks for joining me on this episode of, The American MILSpouse! If you enjoyed this episode, please give me a 5-star, and leave a review to help me reach even more military spouses. Also, don't forget to check out my website or continue the conversation with me on Instagram to stay connected with others in the community.--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/theamericanmilspouse/message Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/theamericanmilspouse/support