Manage episode 343495028 series 3009142
I'm so excited and honored to bring you this episode! Cindy has been an Air Force spouse for 37 years and she is a passionate advocate for service members and their families. She managed a presidential service award program at the White House and also worked as a senior writer for proclamations and messages in the Office of Presidential Correspondence. She has developed innovative support programs for military families and is an incredible mentor for spouses. Having been through multiple deployments and countless TDY's, she shares with us her lessons and tips.
Cindy is married to General Ken Wilsbach who currently serves as commander of Pacific Air Forces. They reside at Hickam Air Force in Hawaii; it's their 23rd move in their nomadic military life.
What do you do when your partner is deployed for a year? What do you do if you do not like the city you moved into or feel powerless in front of the unknown?Cindy answers these questions with brilliance and brings up so much wisdom! I can't wait for you to hear her!
I'm also joined by the wonderful Jen and Kirst from Wives of the Air Force who helped make this interview happen. Keep up with them on instagram @wivesoftheairforce and keep up with Cindy @altogetherlovely.blog.
Highlights of the episode include:
● Introducing Jen (2:39)
● Introducing Kirst (4:14)
● Introducing Elizabeth (5:20)
● Meet Cindy (6:41)
● The challenges of moving as an airforce wife (8:23)
● cindy's advice for this lifestyle (11:34)
● Ways to cope with difficult situations (16:01)
● The power of a spouse group (21:05)
● Don't be afraid to reach out to other spouses (27:32)
● Be open to the unexpected of what your life could be in a location (32:54)
● How did Cindy discuss crossroads in her relationship (36:21)
● How to accept the volunteer role as a military spouse (40:01)
● How did Cindy make it through her partner's several deployments? (48:45)
● Cindy's regrets (60:15)
● conclusions (63:00)
Did I not tell you that Cindy's insights would have a lot of wisdom? If you loved this episode as much as I did, if it helped you shift your perspective on difficult situations that being a milspouse brings, let me know on social media!--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/theamericanmilspouse/message Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/theamericanmilspouse/support