Manage episode 375002844 series 2583350
In Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, there are certain principles like timing, leverage, and positioning that practitioners must master to successfully overcome an opponent. My guest has found that these same principles that allow someone to be successful on the mat, also apply to being successful outside of it.
Rener Gracie is the co-owner and head instructor of Gracie University and the author of The 32 Principles: Harnessing the Power of Jiu-Jitsu to Succeed in Business, Relationships, and Life. Today on the show, Rener shares how he’s used some of the core teachings of jiu-jitsu, like the Pyramid Principle and the River Principle, in his business, and how you can use them to grapple with all kinds of obstacles in life.
Resources Related to the Podcast
- Art of Manliness + Gracie Intro to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Videos:
- Rener‘s last appearance on the AoM podcast: Episode #446: How Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Will Make You a Better Man
- Gracie University’s 32 Principles of Jiu-Jitsu Video Course
- Sunday Firesides: Secure Your Base
- AoM Article: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
Connect With Rener Gracie