Manage episode 302264318 series 2800281
We are talking all about how to leverage tech tools to build community in your (hopefully) face-to-face classroom. We'll link different tools to our four whys of community building: collaboration, communication, social-emotional learning, and safe & inclusive environments.
If you like what you hear, we would love it if you could share this episode with a colleague or friend. And make sure you subscribe so that you don’t miss out on any new content! And consider supporting the show by buying us a coffee or two!
We would love to hear from you – leave a comment on our website OR check out our FLIPGRID!
**For detailed show notes, please visit our website at https://edugals.com/60**
Reasons for Building Community:
- Screencastify - overviews, instructional videos, presentations, email responses, feedback
- Mote - use in slides, docs, gmail etc. for audio only
- Google Chat - individual or group chats, informal, easier for students than email (low risk)
- Google Meet - extra help sessions outside of class, drop in
- LMS - announcement tools, discussion boards
- Google Jamboard (digital whiteboards) - small groups, breakout rooms, brainstorming, getting to know you activities, word walls, research, games
- Flipgrid - screen share behind your picture now!
- Google Slides, Docs, and Sheets - graphic organizer to get them started, collecting data as a class, crowdsourcing problem solving with Screencastify
- Social-Emotional Learning and Safe & Inclusive Environments
- Use a variety of tools, modes of communication
- Google Forms - gather info about your students, check ins, class song playlist, languages
- Involve your students in your classroom layout, whether it is physical or virtual (LMS) - custom banners, layout, unit vs week
- Check Ins - Google Form, Google Slides, etc. to see how students are doing
- Online games - Jamboard, Kahoot, Quizizz, Google Arts & Culture Puzzle Party - you can have students create these to save time!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/edugals)