Manage episode 363750390 series 2032122
Ever since being sexually assaulted by someone you trusted as a friend in high school, it seems like you only wind up in relationships with people who will similarly hurt you. It's such a troubling pattern that it's got you wondering: are you somehow at fault when you're a magnet for assault? We'll try to find an answer to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let's dive in!
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- A pattern of troubling relationships after being sexually assaulted by a trusted friend in high school has you wondering: are you somehow at fault when you're a magnet for assault?
- Are you obligated to honor the dying wish of a manipulative parent who's never really been there for you in your time of need?
- The extreme poverty you experienced in childhood no doubt contributed to the mindset that got you where you are today: successful by most metrics and financially well-rewarded. But you also live in fear that one wrong move could take this all away and leave you destitute once again. How can you ever feel safe from the looming specter of poverty?
- You're a science-rooted skeptic, and your otherwise perfect significant other has a career in alternative medicine. You can live with a difference in views, but you're afraid that important health decisions for your kids could cause major conflict in the future. Is there room enough here to find a middle ground?
- You're doing work you feel is important, but you often find yourself struggling to get fired up and motivated about following through with it. Is there a way to stay more consistently connected to your purpose, or is this a sign that it's not really your purpose?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi and Instagram @gabrielmizrahi.
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/837
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Sign up for