277: To Stop or Not To Stop
Manage episode 349165962 series 1539392
On this episode of TWiM, we reveal widespread stop-codon recoding in bacteriophages that may regulate translation of lytic genes, and how Staphylococcus aureus inhibits Pseudomonas aeruginosa growth.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, and Michele Swanson.
Become a patron of TWiM.Links for this episode
- Stop codon recoding in bacteriophages (Nat Micro)
- How S. aureus inhibits P. aeruginosa growth (J Bact)
- S. aureus small colony variants (Front Cell Infect Micro)
- Ken Timmis retires as journal editor (YouTube)
- Take the TWiM Listener survey!
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to firstname.lastname@example.org