Future Champions - Interviewing Tomorrow’s Athletes + Leaders While They Are Still Kids | Ava & Atlas Amezcua
Manage episode 339440031 series 3373031
We've had the privilege of talking to many of the great leaders and champions of today, but in this episode, we're handing the mic over to the champions of tomorrow. Manuel is joined by his kids, Ava (14) and Atlas (12), to talk about the support our future stars need in pursuit of their dreams.
Ava and Atlas demonstrate the impact parents' behaviors have on their children and explain how they prefer to be supported in moments of adversity and defeat. We find out what makes them feel inspired and discuss the lessons in adversity, the traits of a great teammate, and what it means to go the extra mile. Tune in for a reminder from our future champions that it's never too late to dream.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing future champions, Ava and Atlas Amezcua.
- Ava and Atlas’ first memories of feeling inspired.
- What makes them most happy.
- Ava and Atlas’ favorite compliments to give and receive.
- Ava recalls a moment of pride and how she demonstrated it.
- Their favorite people in the state of Michigan.
- Why it’s so important to stay true to your dreams and advocate for them.
- Ava and Atlas share their dreams and where they stem from.
- Who they look up to, and the impact parents’ behaviors have on children.
- The qualities of the late Kobe Bryant that inspire him.
- The value Atlas gains from watching motivational videos.
- Why Ava regards self-approval to be more important than the approval of others.
- Lessons in adversity: how Ava and Atlas handle setbacks and stay committed to their dreams.
- The support future champions need in moments of adversity and in pursuit of their dreams.
- What it means to go the extra mile.
- The traits of a good friend or teammate.
- The kind of support kids do and don’t need from adults.
- What Ava and Atlas look for in a mentor.
- The kids’ final piece of advice for the adults out there.
- Why it’s important for adults to keep dreaming.
- How Manuel has overcome discouragement in his life.
- What he wanted to be when he grew up, as a kid.
- What children can do to support adults’ dreams.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
At The Podium with Manuel Amezcua on Apple Podcasts
NEW TO THE PODCAST?
At The Podium with Manuel Amezcua features interviews with the most innovative minds in business, sports, and entertainment to uncover the habits, disciplines, and mindsets that lead to success.