Cross-platform graphical user interfaces (Go Time #271)
Manage episode 359408262 series 1283731
We’re joined by the creators of Wails and Fyne to dig into writing Go code for different architectures and operating systems.
Changelog++ members get a bonus 5 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Changelog++ – You love our content and you want to take it to the next level by showing your support. We’ll take you closer to the metal with extended episodes, make the ads disappear, and increment your audio quality with higher bitrate mp3s. Let’s do this!
- Lea Anthony – Twitter, GitHub
- Andy Williams – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Natalie Pistunovich – Twitter, GitHub
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - It's Go Time!
(00:57) - Welcoming our guests
(02:53) - Gooey Team
(07:28) - Intro to Wails
(10:12) - Intro to Fyne
(15:43) - Lea's repo bands
(16:51) - Frontend code in Fyne
(19:05) - Frontend code in Wails
(20:30) - Building cross-platform tools
(28:36) - Will generics make things easier?
(32:42) - Sponsor: Changelog++
(33:37) - Things they'd do differently
(44:09) - Accounting for taste
(49:19) - The smallest possible API
(52:45) - It's time for Unpopular Opinions!
(53:28) - Anthony's unpop
(56:41) - Andy's unpop
(1:00:48) - Natalie's unpop
(1:02:44) - Mat's unpop
(1:05:16) - Gotta Go!
(1:07:01) - Outro (Changelog++ bonus)