Manage episode 332367889 series 2625030
This week on the pod we are doing another round of a book deep dive. In the episode released tomorrow I will be chatting to Victoria Kannen about her book called Gendered Bodies and Public Scrutiny. In two weeks, I'll be chatting to a fat activist about the same book for extra insights and powerful takeaways. In this discussion Victoria and I set up the framework of how our body stories are constructed. Here are some of the highlights of our discussion:
- Who is Victoria Kannen and what is her body story?
- How different Victoria's experience has been to her sister's experience even though they are close to the same height
- Being awed and odd
- The way the book combines art, theory and stories
- Covid and how it could have impacted the interviews
- The meaning of a stare
- The Well-Meaning Stranger
- Quiet Resistance
- How this framework can apply to fat bodies
Keep Reading Everyone!
Fat Girl Book Club Links
Email address: email@example.com