Manage episode 364215024 series 3234219
Why equity real estate investment trusts should be part of your investment portfolio despite the office sector's struggles.
Topics covered include:
- Why some office REITs are down 30% in 2023, and owners are walking away from buildings
- How commercial mortgages differ from residential mortgages
- The broad sector diversification found within equity REIT ETFs
- What have equity REITs performed long-term and what drove those returns
- What is a reasonable return expectation for equity REITs
- Why equity REIT prices adjust more quickly than private real estate values
- Why you should be wary of private REITs
For more information on this episode click here.
Money Pickle – Schedule a free 45-minute video chat with a vetted financial advisor and ask them anything about your financial situation. Go here to schedule your free session.
Insiders Guide Email Newsletter