Manage episode 295279760 series 2176586
In this episode of SaaS Open Mic, I talk to Adam Jones (@AdamJones85), Vice President of Sales for Thinkific, a product-led company that helps businesses create, market, and sell customized online courses.
What’s especially interesting for our listeners is that Thinkific’s sales organization and strategy was layered on 6 years into building the business. And just 5 years later, that same sales organization helped them take the company public. Adam discusses his experience with the IPO.
Listen in to hear how Adam’s sales leadership compliments a product-led business model. You’ll hear:
- The company’s decision process to build a sales team (but avoid selling to enterprise)
- His approach to structuring product-led sales teams
- How his role has changed since the IPO
- What he would have done differently
- Thinkific’s guiding sales principles
Links and Resources:
- Adam Jones on LinkedIn
- Adam Jones on Twitter
- Predictable Revenue Virtual Summit
- To Sell Is Human
Listen to the episode
As always, you can find this episode — along with all previous episodes — in your podcast player of choice. Just search for “SaaS Open Mic”. If you enjoy it, please take a moment to leave us a review, it’d really help us reach a wider audience. Thank you!