Manage episode 337132061 series 2552237
Welcome to the 154th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme is all about the arts and mental health. So, in today’s episode, I review the book Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert.
On today’s show
- Why I decided to review the book, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. [01:12]
- A key part of this book. [02:01]
- Some of the key themes that I picked up within the book. [03:56]
- Why I do a podcast instead of writing a blog. [09:42]
- Some of the pitfalls of the book. [11:40]
- We often forget that we are all creative beings, which is one of the tenants of this book.
- It's not about creating masterpieces. It's not about how to be the next big thing. It's not about how to monetize your creativity, but it's about the process.
- Fear keeps you rooted in inaction.
- We don't always have families that support us and champion us.
- There's no such thing as the greatest and the worst because of subjectivity and perspective.
- Leave me an anonymous message on my SpeakPipe
- Big Magic By Elizabeth Gilbert
- Check out my course: The Mentally Healthy Professional
- Listen to Episode #153 How the arts support mental health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC