Manage episode 381375264 series 3524689
We continue our exploration of sustainability in the massage profession with some real talk with real therapists. This week we speak with Ken Brown, one of Healwell's massage therapists and thoughtful guy, about his career in massage therapy.
About Our Guest:
Ken Brown is a Board Certified Licensed Massage Therapist and Level 3 Reiki Master with more than a decade of experience. He is board certified through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.Ken studied at AKS Massage School in Herndon, Virginia. While in school, he participated in a Sports Massage program and began his Reiki training. Ken continues to explore new modalities of bodywork. His studies have included John Barnes’ Myofascial Release, cranio-sacral therapy, and reflexology. In 2014, he took his first course in oncology massage. This training allows him to adapt the techniques he uses to the specific needs and restrictions of patients going through oncology treatments.
Kill your pain once& for all, program human cells to cure cancer, mitigate dementia & more
Listen on: Apple Podcasts SpotifySupport the show
Check out our new podcast! The Rub: a podcast about massage therapy
Giving Tuesday is over, but you can still support Healwell and the cool things we make by donating here!
Other ways to help and join in:
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Let us know what you think! Send us an email: email@example.com
- Find bonus content from Interdisciplinary and early release episodes for our current show: "The Rub" on Patreon!
- Check Healwell’s live and online classes
- Continue the conversation with a two-week free trial of the Healwell Community
- Merch! Find your Healwell fashion here
- Find a copy of Rebecca Sturgeon's book: "Oncology Massage: An Integrative Approach to Cancer Care"
Thank you to ABMP for sponsoring Interdisciplinary!...