Manage episode 381375262 series 3524689
Corey and Cal talk with sociologist Marisa Allison about gender in massage therapy. What is a "feminized" profession, and what does it mean for the growth and opportunities available in that profession? And how does all this connect to sustainability?
Job Queues, Gender Queues (research Dr. Allison mentioned in the episode)
About Our Guest:
Dr. Marisa Allison, Ph.D. is a Public Sociologist and Adjunct Faculty Member in the Department of Sociology at George Mason University. Marisa’s research investigates gender and inequality in higher education and within feminizing and female dominated fields. Marisa has been involved in the academic labor movement in the U.S. for over a decade, working with unions and others organizing to better labor conditions on college and university campuses. Most recently she has wrapped up a semester teaching courses on gender and society and contemporary gender relations.
Kill your pain once& for all, program human cells to cure cancer, mitigate dementia & more
Listen on: Apple Podcasts SpotifySupport the show
Check out our new podcast! The Rub: a podcast about massage therapy
Giving Tuesday is over, but you can still support Healwell and the cool things we make by donating here!
Other ways to help and join in:
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Let us know what you think! Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find bonus content from Interdisciplinary and early release episodes for our current show: "The Rub" on Patreon!
- Check Healwell’s live and online classes
- Continue the conversation with a two-week free trial of the Healwell Community
- Merch! Find your Healwell fashion here
- Find a copy of Rebecca Sturgeon's book: "Oncology Massage: An Integrative Approach to Cancer Care"
Thank you to ABMP for sponsoring Interdisciplinary!...