Manage episode 357652733 series 1391411
Zach Leatherman returns to the show to discuss his progress over the last year since going full-time on Eleventy, including Eleventy 2.0, the release of WebC, and the state of static site generators.
Changelog++ members save 4 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- KBall Coaching – Free exploratory coaching sessions from JS Party co-host KBall! Click here to get started
- Changelog++ – You love our content and you want to take it to the next level by showing your support. We’ll take you closer to the metal with extended episodes, make the ads disappear, and increment your audio quality with higher bitrate mp3s. Let’s do this!
- Zach Leatherman – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Christopher Hiller – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Going full-time on Eleventy (JS Party #217)
- Eleventy on YouTube
- WebC - single file web components
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - It's party time, y'all
(00:55) - Welcoming Zach to the show
(03:23) - This year in Eleventy
(04:49) - New stuff in 2.0
(07:59) - Edge functions
(13:51) - Vite support
(18:57) - Sponsor: KBall Coaching
(20:13) - What broke in 2.0
(23:56) - Astro & WebC
(27:12) - WebC & P.E.
(31:36) - Moar on WebC!
(34:30) - Sponsor: Changelog++
(35:26) - Web components require JS?
(37:47) - Moar on web components!
(41:07) - Exciting Eleventy 3.0 features
(44:16) - What's next for WebC
(47:01) - Turning off JS?
(50:43) - Nick's TypeScript commission
(54:20) - Wrapping up
(55:25) - Next up on the pod