Manage episode 364333896 series 1391411
Nick is excited to explain CVA to us like we’re five (then again like we’re 41).
KBall is excited to share details of his new stack (for the new app he’s building).
Jerod is excited to share some recent news items (but he’s the only one).
And finally, we’re all excited to debate TypeScript vs JSDoc comments!
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Changelog News – A podcast+newsletter combo that’s brief, entertaining & always on-point. Subscribe today.
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Class Variance Authority
- KBall’s new stack
- Bun’s new bundler
- MDN’s new Baseline
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - It's party time, y'all
(00:46) - Let's get excited
(02:28) - CVA... ELI5!
(08:11) - CVA... ELI41!
(11:50) - Cleanup in aisle Tailwind
(15:12) - @apply vs CVA
(18:10) - Type safe composition
(19:51) - Sponsor: Changelog News
(21:44) - KBall's new stack
(26:25) - GenAI diversion
(27:17) - KBall's full stack
(31:20) - KBall's new app
(35:11) - Coding: the fun parts
(41:12) - Bun's new bundler
(44:14) - MDN's new Baseline
(48:24) - VanJS
(52:50) - TypeScript vs JSDoc
(58:09) - Dance it out
(58:42) - Next up on the pod