Manage episode 353057820 series 1391411
Jerod & the gang analyze the State of JS 2022 survey results, play a wicked game of HeadLIES & share some Pro Tips to help you live your best dev life.
Changelog++ members get a bonus 9 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Christopher Hiller – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, Website
- The 2022 State of JS survey
- Amazon is now accepting your applications for its home surveillance drone
- Store app state in the url
- Graphite on The Changelog
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - It's party time, y'all
(00:59) - Introducing the panel
(02:27) - The State of JS 2022 results are in
(03:33) - The most important category, duh
(05:26) - Digging in to the framework wars
(10:37) - Using survey results & defining joy
(13:54) - Chris on getting Selenium right
(19:36) - What is WMR? (Sorry, Jason!)
(21:00) - Don't use W3Schools
(22:33) - It's time for HEADLIES!
(23:52) - KBall with the smoking gun
(25:09) - Round 1: Funeral flashmob
(26:18) - Round 2: Roomba leaks intimate photos
(27:24) - s/smart/surveillance/g
(28:50) - Round 3: Microsoft combat goggles
(30:32) - Round 4: Adobe's Katy Perry concert
(33:39) - Round 5: Boston Dynamics + OpenAI
(36:49) - And the winner is....
(38:27) - It's Pro Tip Time!
(38:54) - Nick's pro tip: LSPs
(42:20) - Kball's pro tip: habits
(43:58) - Jerod's pro tip: URLs
(46:22) - Chris's pro tip: Graphite
(49:23) - Wrapping up
(50:11) - Outro (changelog.fm/491)