Manage episode 356736881 series 2424897
On this episode, we’re talking about planning for your overseas military move, both some practical tips as well as preparing yourself mentally for this big change in not only where you live, but also likely a bit of a culture shock. It’s fitting that as I recorded this, I’d just returned from a long trip to Ireland, and that looong overseas flight was still fresh in my mind!
My own family went through over a dozen military moves, four of them overseas. I’m sharing some lessons learned as well as some of my hard-won tips as you prepare for your move overseas!
- Jen’s Ultimate PCS Move Resource List (click the button at the top for specific overseas tips!)
- Planning Your Overseas PCS
- Lessons Learned from Living Overseas
- 11 Things to Know Before Your Overseas PCS Move
- Milspouse Matters Episode 59: Make the Most of Your Military Travel Benefits
- Can a Military Family Move Overseas Without Command Sponsorship?
Other episodes about moving overseas:
- Episode 86: A Military Spouse Overseas with Julie Tully
- Episode 87: Answering Listener Questions
- Episode 13: Overseas Living with Angie Drake
- Episode 1: Overseas and Back Again with Tara Howes
- It’s Your Move document offered by TRANSCOM
- Plan My Move from Military OneSource
- my.move.mil, the new system from USTRANSCOM to support the relocation of families during PCS (currently by invitation only)
This episode is sponsored by my new book study guide, You Are Not Alone Book Study Guide and Discussion Questions. **Use code STUDY15 for 15% off this guide! See Jen’s shop here.
- Get Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse
- Connect with Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Join the Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode!
I want to hear from you! What do you want to hear on the podcast? What do you love? What would you like to see changed? Sound off here: https://bit.ly/MMlistenersurvey