Episode 44: Your Confidence Compass with Melanie Spring
Manage episode 315493121 series 3113622
Forget everything you ever thought about confidence. In this conversation with international Keynote speaker and brand storyteller - Melanie Spring - we discuss how to cultivate confidence and achieve courage from fear.
"Melanie is an international keynote speaker, idea-maker, and approachable badass with a strong desire to make sure every person can show up and show off in their own unique way".
- 03:52 - How do we cultivate confidence (hint: it’s not what you think)
- 05:45 - How important is building a personal brand to the average Joe
- 06:28 - What’s in a title
- 07:54 - How to start sharing your story
- 08:17 - Three key learnings since shifting from a 9-5 to entrepreneurship
- 12:04 - How do we know when if we’re on the right path to becoming our best selves
- 13:46 - Prioritizing rest is a lifestyle choice
- 15:44 - Using your voice (to advocate for you)
- 17:19 - Overcoming hurdles
- 19:00 - Reimagining work as an entrepreneur
- 20:07 - What comes first: confidence or authenticity
- 21:23 - Should your confidence always be on
- 23:50 - Is there a point where too much confidence can hurt us
- 25:40 - Be still and listen to yourself
- 26:37 - Living an authentic life everyday
- 28:20 - Who are you and why are you here
For context this episode was recorded during the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020.