Andy Baker | Strength Training for Men as we "Get Older" & Running an AWESOME Personal Training Business
Manage episode 359272874 series 61273
STRONG Life Podcast ep 362 with Strength Coach, Gym Owner and Author, Andy Baker.
Connect with Andy at https://AndyBaker.com
This episode is jam packed with training and business info. Andy Baker and I go for 2 hours as we chat about his early start up days into being a Strength Coach and how Andy has evolved today.
Here's just some of the topics we covered:
- Thoughts on owning a gym and how Andy's gym has evolved through the almost 20 years of being a gym owner
- The power of balancing an online business with a brick and mortar gym
- Lessons learned from my mentor, Ryan Lee
- How does Andy keep clients for 15+ years!?
- The two books Andy co-authored; The Barbell Prescription with Dr. Jonathon M. Sullivan and Practical Programming for Strength Training with Mark Rippetoe
- The "Help Yourself" Story that taught me how hard is too hard with regards to strength training
- Andy's favorite training program for building size and strength inspired by Kirk Karwoski and Marty Gallagher
- Early days of CrossFit and lessons learned from websites and web forums of the early 2000s such as Deep Squatter
We discuss much more and this was a BEAST of an episode.
Our STRONG Life Brotherhood Agreement:
- Leave a 5 star review on Apple!
Connect with Zach:
Zach's STRONG Life Newsletter at http://ZachStrength.com
7 Days FREE Intro to Online Coaching HERE
The Underground Strength Academy - https://UndergroundStrengthCoach.com