Weight Loss Surgery Podcast - Bariatric / Lap Band / RYGB / Gastric Bypass / Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
Finding Your WHY with Marilyn Clark
Manage episode 287015837 series 2891927
In this episode I bring you my conversation with Marilyn Clark. Marilyn is a certified Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach, a radical self-care advocate, an obesity survivor, a bariatric patient, and a nutrition nerd.
As part of our conversation, Marilyn shares her history as a person affected by obesity, how/why/and when she came to her decision to include bariatric surgery, specifically Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, as part of her treatment plan, and what her journey has been like since then. Her story will be both familiar to many of you and inspiring to all of you.
Discussed in the episode
- Support the podcast at either Patreon or Paypal
- Marilyn’s early years, first diet at age 11.
- Complicated relationship with her parents.
- Adulthood: Gain weight, lose weight, gain weight, lose weight, gain weight.
- First considerations of bariatric surgery: Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Researching bariatric surgery- Is it the right choice for her?
- Insurance stumbling blocks but not giving up.
- Connecting with the bariatric surgery program Sacramento Bariatric Medical Associates and surgeon, Laura L. Machado, M.D., who performed her surgery.
- Choosing Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass instead of the Sleeve.
- Getting honest with herself about changes she needed to make regarding her mindset, her work, her sleep, her nutrition, her physical activity, and her stress level.
- Who, when, and why to tell people about having bariatric surgery.
- Finding her calling to help others and the beauty of how this also helps her.
- Understanding your WHY.
- The importance of a Gratitude Practice.
- Letting go of the victim narrative.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Life is a matter of choices, one after another.
- Learn something everyday.
- Evolving relationship to food.
- Why follow-up matters.
- The stars align- opening her new gym, SL8 Fitness
- Reeger’s concluding thoughts.
Connecting with Marilyn Clark
- Facebook Group: Healthy Habits Bootcamp
- Coaching Program: Reverse The Regain
- Email List
Connecting with Reeger