Manage episode 284458853 series 1254199
Emily Prentice is an artist and arts educator living in West Virginia (Calicuas and Massawomeck land). Emily's work focuses on creative play: as resilience, as resistance, as radical joy.
In this episode, Emily and Eryn talk about:
- Emily’s journey with creativity and art
- Everyone is an artist and there’s no such thing as bad art
- How creativity helps us change the world
- What’s an artist?
- Dismantling creative binaries and hierarchies
- Orienting towards process rather than outcome
- Art as helping us live better
- Relationships with creativity
- Magic & art
- Play as resistance, play as a radical act
- What is play?
- How to re(connect) to play
- Cultivating curiosity
- The Fool card
- Bringing magic to the mundane
- Making art accessible and telling artist stories
Blog for this episode: www.living-open.com/blog/emily-prentice
Join the Creative Support Membership with Eryn, a group container to help you tap into your innate creative power, cultivate creative bravery, and share your authentic creative work with the world. Open only until 2/15!
Mentioned in this episode: