Episode 16 Season 2: Somatic Practices for Healing Trauma Part II: Practices You Can Do With a Professional is Part II
Manage episode 345734381 series 2969351
Somatic Practices for Healing Trauma Part II: Practices You Can Do With a Professional is Part II of a two-part series on somatic therapies for healing trauma. This series covers practices you can do on your own or with a professional. Somatic therapy is based on more recent research and generally more effective than talk therapy for healing trauma. It's basically another name for body work, or connecting with the body's sensations and resources to heal trauma stuck in the body so it can release through your neural network. This may include therapies with a specialist who does body work with you to release trauma or heal the effects of trauma. Part II discusses co-regulation with a therapist, body therapies you can do with a specialist, and breakthrough treatments in trauma recovery that are still in their experimental phases like micro dosing under a special doctor's care, and utilizing new devices for healing trauma.
*****THE STORE IS OPEN: https://app.podia.com/products/a-c-o-r-n-meditation-bundle
Breakdown of Episode
1:45 Introduction and Disclaimer
5:02 The Store is Open!
5:54 Intro to the Therapies
11:37 Co-Regulation With a Therapist
21:19 Chiropractic (Atlas Orthogonal)
33:25 Cranial Somatic and Cranial Sacral Therapy
48:24 Disclaimer on Chemical Substances and Ketamine
30:41 Micro-dosing Using Psychedelics
103:18 TMS--Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
107:45 VNS--Vagal Nerve Stimulation
Bulleted List of Resources
- Connection and Co-Regulation in Psychotherapy by Arielle Schwartz in Center for Resilience Informed Therapy is the resource used to discuss co-regulation with a therapist.
- Improvement in Depression Following Reduction of Upper Cervical Subluxation Using Osteospinology Technique by Glenndon Genther, Harris Friedman, and Charles Studley and Chiropractic Adjustment by by the Mayo Clinic are the resources used to discuss the benefits of chiropractic treatment in healing depression and PTSD.
- -PTSD Could be Treated with Cranialsacral Therapy According to a Research Study in News Medical Life Sciences and Cranial Sacral Therapy in Healthline by Anna Gotter are the sources used to discuss how cranial sacral therapy can help release trauma from the body.
- Mind-Body-Spirit Interventions for Patients with PTSD by Leslie Corn, PhD, MPH in Psychiatric Times is the source used to explain how mind-body-spirit practices in general, including massage therapy and acupuncture can be used to relieve stress, depression, chronic illness and the symptoms of PTSD.
- Ketamine as a Rapid Treatment for PTSD by Dennis Charney at Mt. Sanai shows evidence for ketamine trials. Click on tabs at top of page for more.
Repeated Ketamine Infusions Reduce Symptom Severity in Individuals With Chronic Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder by Mount Sinai is more about this promising treatme