Manage episode 364777555 series 3345144
Welcome to the first episode of 'Explant Chats', a side series where I invite women to bravely share their own unique breast implant illness (BII) + explant journey with you. Hearing women share their stories is so powerful, and if it wasn't for the women before me who bravely shared their journey, I wouldn't be where I am today. From these 'Explant Chats' episodes I hope to continue to raise awareness of BII and to even help you on your own BII journey, no matter where you're at 💕
Meet Jade Drew, a loving mum, a passionate life + fitness coach for women, an entrepreneur and a dear friend of mine - whom trusted me to guide her on her BII journey. Jade openly shares her story and we dive deep into life pre and post explant and the emotional waves that the BII journey can bring. She even shares her deep fears she had and all the questions she asked herself along the way. From denial, self-love and self-worth, we talk about it all!
In this episode we cover...
- What were your reasons for getting implants?
- What you wish someone said to you before getting implants?
- What were the initial symptoms when you started to feel unwell?
- How did you feel when you first learned about breast implant illness? What emotions and thoughts showed up?
- Let's talk about DENIAL!?
- The reality of day to day living with breast implant illness
- The process of unpacking 'self-worth', breaking through limiting beliefs and 'authenticity'
- How implants can become part of your 'identity'
- Knowing when it's the 'right' time for surgery
- What did you do to prepare for explant surgery?
- How did you communicate your BII + explant journey to your kids?
- Recovery and life after explant
- and so much more!
Jade, I celebrate you and thank you for sharing so vulnerably - to help bring awareness to BII ✨
If you'd like to connect with Jade or follow her journey - her Instagram account is @studiodrew_
If you're seeking 1:1 support for your BII + explant journey - I'm here, I see you! - book your 1:1 support session here
As always, I am so grateful for you listening to the wisdom I am here to share ✨
If this episode resonated with you, please share it with those you love and help me have more impact by writing a review of the podcast ✨
All my love