Manage episode 302265605 series 2964503
Today's episode is jam packed! We're chatting about what causes hormonal acne & post pill acne! This is part 1 of a 2 part series. Part 2 will be how you can heal acne from the root! If you struggle with acne you're not going to want to miss this one!
6 root causes of hormonal acne
- Your gut: A damaged and depleted gut microbiome. If it’s inflamed, unable to absorb nutrients or remove excess hormones. This also leads to nutrient deficiencies.
- A deficiency in key micronutrients for skin health (b vitamins, vitamin a, zinc, vitamin c, fatty acids)
- Liver congestion: Needs micronutrients to function properly. A well-functioning liver boosts absorption of all vitamins & minerals and prevent deficiencies from happening in the first place.
- Inflammatory foods: Sugar, dairy, gluten, caffeine, vegetable oils. Can cause leaky gut & an inflammatory response in the body. When your liver & large intestine aren’t working as best as they can, your skin takes over & tries to eliminate the toxins which results in skin inflammation & acne.
- Movement/Orgasms: Movement helps the circulation & flushing out of cortisol which is essential for our skin health & orgasms do the same.
- Irregular period. If your period is off, your hormones are out of balance which will cause your acne to show up.
With PCOS: acne can come from high testosterone which is from a root cause of inflammation or insulin resistance.
Post pill acne
- Hormonal contraceptives suppress your natural hormones. When you stop them “androgen rebound” can happen. Your body kicks into high gear & creates more testosterone. The elevated androgen levels cause an increase in sebum production which causes oily skin & acne.
- Birth Control depletes ZINC
- It overwhelms the liver
- It disrupts gut microbiome
Want professional grade supplements?
Head to my dashboard to get 10% off! (Click HERE for the CANADIAN dashboard).
DISCLAIMER: Always check with your medical care practitioner.
Come hangout with me on Instagram! @corinneangelica
I am SO happy you're here! Thank you for being on this journey with me! XO